Forum Discussion

RIGHT ON! (November 5, 2005 2:56 AM)
Posted by: Taylor Scheiner
>>>RIGHT ON!
>>>
>>>> A young woman was about to finish her first year of college.
>>>> Like so many others her age she considered herself to be a very liberal
>>>>Democrat and was for distribution of all wealth. She felt deeply ashamed
>>>>that her father was a rather staunch Republican which she expressed openly.
>>>>One day she was challenging her father on his beliefs and his opposition to
>>>>higher taxes on the rich & more welfare programs. In the middle of her
>>>>heart-felt diatribe based upon the lectures she had from her far left professors
>>>>at her school, he stopped her and asked her point blank, how she was doing in
>>>>school.
>>>>
>>>> She answered rather haughtily that she had a 4.0 GPA, and let him
>>>>know that it was tough to maintain. That she had to study all the time,
>>>>never had time to go out and party like other people she knew. She didn't
>>>>even have time for a boyfriend and didn't really have many college friends
>>>>because of spending all her time studying. That she was taking a more
>>>>difficult curriculum.
>>>>
>>>> Her father listened and then asked, "How is your friend Mary?"
>>>>She replied, "Mary is barely getting by", she continued, "all she has
>>>>is barely a 2.0 GPA" adding, "and all she takes are easy classes and
>>>>she never studies." But to explain further she continued emotionally, "But
>>>>Mary is so very popular on campus, college for her is a blast, she goes
>>>>to all the parties all the time and very often doesn't even show up for
>>>>classes because she is too hung over."
>>>>
>>>> Her father then asked his daughter, "Why don't you go to the
>>>>Dean's office and ask him to deduct a 1.0 off your 4.0 GPA and give it
>>>>to your friend who only had a 2.0." He continued, "That way you will both
>>>>have a 3.0 GPA and certainly that would be a fair equal distribution of
>>>>GPA."
>>>>
>>>> The daughter visibly shocked by the fathers suggestion angrily
>>>>fired back, "That wouldn't be fair! I worked really hard for mine, I did
>>>>without and Mary has done little or nothing, she played while I worked
>>>>real hard!"
>>>> The father slowly smiled and said, "Welcome to the Republican Party."

Re: RIGHT ON! (November 6, 2005 12:11 PM)
Posted by: Adam Wiswell
amen friend i say amen
Re: RIGHT ON! (November 9, 2005 6:46 AM)
Posted by: Good Will
Yeah, republican are the ONLY ones who work hard!!!
That believable given how you guys got a guy for a president who never really had to work for anything in his life and run three business into the ground.
Re: RIGHT ON! (November 9, 2005 11:18 AM)
Posted by: Adam Wiswell
Ran buisnesses into the ground friend? How about clinton who was to busy haven monica under the desk than to do his job. If any president is to be held responsible its him. And running a war has never any real work now is it? dealing with the lives of many americans is a peace of cake hmm? Why don't you give a shot of bieng a president during a time of war hmm? not so glamorous now would it be?
Re: RIGHT ON! (November 9, 2005 8:11 PM)
Posted by: Good Will
At Clinton got things done. And believe or not people do not care about his sex life. That impechment crap was mainly a way to stop Clinton fromm doing things.

Menwhile Bush vacations MORE then ANY president in the history of the US. Do not believe it? Look it up please!

I realize its hard work lying to the public and syphoning money away from our own people to rebuild Iraq. Hundreds of billions spent on war. Heaven forbid those billions to go to our education systems instead.
Re: RIGHT ON! (November 20, 2005 9:31 PM)
Posted by: Adam Wiswell
now its the lies that cliton spewed from his reched mouth people disliked about the man.

It hasnt been proven yet that bush lied, wmds or not, that doesnt mean they weren't there. Bush is running a war, wars take time and effort, so yeah he deserves a vacation. clinton turned the whitehouse into his vacation home, never have i seen a human being with such disrespect for the office. God knows what would have happened if he was president during 9/11 hed probubly appologiesed to osama for the towers being in the way, and the people crashing the last plane before it reached its destination.
RIGHT ON! (January 3, 2006 6:13 PM)
Posted by: Good Will
If he was president we would not be spending billions on fighting a war which had no links to Al Queda.
RIGHT ON! (January 5, 2006 4:39 PM)
Posted by: Steven McAllister
So, anyone who is poor or struggling must have got there because they were lazy and partying too hard? That's the sort of heavyhanded arrogance that has always bugged me about people who oppose social welfare programs in any form. The Bush administration has even made it harder for citizens to seek debt relief in bankruptcy. I guess that after doing eighteen years in the Army, supporting my crippled mother all these years through two or three defense department layoffs and paying for her medical bills on credit card because there was nothing else, my father was struggling because he was a lazy partier and the government should have allowed the bank to take his home, right?
In this story, Mary was squandering her opportunities, so that's her problem. In reality people do NOT have equal opportunity. Sometimes events just seem to conspire against you, and the whole point of community is to be there to help each other out, not smirk at those less well off than you.
RIGHT ON! (January 5, 2006 10:43 PM)
Posted by: T J
//supporting my crippled mother all these years through two or three defense department layoffs//

Lay offs that happened during WHEN??? The Clinton administration. HELLO!!!
RIGHT ON! (January 5, 2006 11:51 PM)
Posted by: Steven McAllister
Uh, yeah, I was aware of that. I never said anything about liking Clinton. But he has nothing to do with my point.
RIGHT ON! (January 6, 2006 3:57 PM)
Posted by: Adam Wiswell
So, anyone who is poor or struggling must have got there because they were lazy and partying too hard? That's the sort of heavyhanded arrogance that has always bugged me about people who oppose social welfare programs in any form. The Bush administration has even made it harder for citizens to seek debt relief in bankruptcy. I guess that after doing eighteen years in the Army, supporting my crippled mother all these years through two or three defense department layoffs and paying for her medical bills on credit card because there was nothing else, my father was struggling because he was a lazy partier and the government should have allowed the bank to take his home, right?"

Well friend, I'd say at least 50 percent got there that way, if they invested better, or came up with ideas, then they wouldent be in a rut, we have to stop asking big brother to help us out, or we will become big brothers "pet" for a better use of the term the other starting with a b. the human mind is a vast and expansive place, people dont give themselves enough credit for the ideas they creat, if thed make at least a half assed attempt at trying one of them God knows how far they could get. No millionare got that way just by sitting on his ass.
RIGHT ON! (January 6, 2006 9:00 PM)
Posted by: Steven McAllister
"No millionare got that way just by sitting on his ass."

Yeah, Paris Hilton is a business genius.

And where do you get your fifty percent figure, anyhow?
RIGHT ON! (January 6, 2006 9:52 PM)
Posted by: T J
//Yeah, Paris Hilton is a business genius.//

No her Daddy probably was, but now he's just wasting his money spoiling his precious baby girl, probably because he thought it was wrong to spank her, or make her work for her money or some liberal crap like that....
RIGHT ON! (January 6, 2006 10:45 PM)
Posted by: Steven McAllister
Reminds me of Bush Jr.
RIGHT ON! (January 7, 2006 3:21 PM)
Posted by: T J
//Reminds me of Bush Jr//

Does he spank you often?
RIGHT ON! (January 7, 2006 5:23 PM)
Posted by: Steven McAllister
Huh? Now you've really lost me. How you go from my mocking remark about the President to that post is beyond me. I'll admit that this thread has started devolving into pointless flames, as much my fault as anyone's, but for God's sake man, at least make SENSE when you insult me.
RIGHT ON! (January 8, 2006 11:51 PM)
Posted by: T J
//but for God's sake man, at least make SENSE when you insult me. //

Well I was just thinkin' that you had to be getting one hell of a beating from the man pretty often, as much as you mock him, seeing as you're so powerless and all to stop him from abusing you physically. I bet he keeps you locked in a cage under his desk sweetums, just like Monica. Oh wait, that was Clinton. Oopsy.
RIGHT ON! (January 9, 2006 12:39 AM)
Posted by: Steven McAllister
Do you actually HAVE any political ideals, or did you just pick a team that encourages you to be a jackass?
RIGHT ON! (January 9, 2006 8:48 AM)
Posted by: T J
//Do you actually HAVE any political ideals, or did you just pick a team that encourages you to be a jackass? //

But isn't the Jackass the symbol of the Democratic party????? Seeing as how you're on their side I guess you would know best.
RIGHT ON! (January 9, 2006 4:02 PM)
Posted by: Good Will
There is a difference between looking like a jackass and acting like one.
RIGHT ON! (January 9, 2006 7:00 PM)
Posted by: T J
//There is a difference between looking like a jackass and acting like one. //

And you're offering lessons? How generous.
RIGHT ON! (January 10, 2006 7:57 PM)
Posted by: Steven McAllister
//But isn't the Jackass the symbol of the Democratic party????? Seeing as how you're on their side I guess you would know best.//

Still dodging questions in favor of party-driven rhetoric? Nice. Actually, I'm not a democrat. After a nice, long fight with a college democrat about gun rights, I figured I was better of Independent, and thinking for myself.
RIGHT ON! (January 11, 2006 8:55 AM)
Posted by: T J
I think it's amazingly funny that the democrats on this board claim not to be democrats, it's like they KNOW how bad their party is and try to stick to the guidelines without taking the label. Whatever.
RIGHT ON! (January 11, 2006 1:08 PM)
Posted by: Adam Wiswell
this is why its far better to be a libertarian
RIGHT ON! (January 11, 2006 4:26 PM)
Posted by: Good Will
>>//There is a difference between looking like a jackass and acting like one. //
> And you're offering lessons? How generous.
Surely not!!! I can even hope to come anywhere close to the great REPUBLICAN MASSA....Mr. Bush...
RIGHT ON! (January 11, 2006 10:03 PM)
Posted by: Steven McAllister
"I think it's amazingly funny that the democrats on this board claim not to be democrats, it's like they KNOW how bad their party is and try to stick to the guidelines without taking the label. Whatever. "

So, I'm a democrat because you say so, because I disagree with you? I'm a liberal, alright, but being liberal doesn't make me a democrat anymore than being a christian makes somebody catholic.
RIGHT ON! (January 11, 2006 10:57 PM)
Posted by: T J
//So, I'm a democrat because you say so, because I disagree with you? I'm a liberal, alright, //

If it walks like a duck...quack quack quack

//I can even hope to come anywhere close to the great REPUBLICAN MASSA//

In "normal" person speak this translates as "HEEHAW! HEEHAW! HEEHAW!!!
RIGHT ON! (January 12, 2006 12:19 AM)
Posted by: Steven McAllister
TJ, you have a remarkable ability to hear only what you want to hear. It must make life very comfortable.
RIGHT ON! (January 12, 2006 12:34 PM)
Posted by: T J
Hmmm what? you say something Stevie Mac?
RIGHT ON! (January 15, 2006 9:00 PM)
Posted by: Good Will
>In "normal" person speak this translates as "HEEHAW! HEEHAW! HEEHAW!!!
What does this mean?
RIGHT ON! (January 16, 2006 12:42 PM)
Posted by: T J
//What does this mean? //

Exactly.

Here let me explain in story speak...

There was once a hard working farmer who built a comfortable barn and took good care of his animals, even when they were too stubborn to go out and work because the barn was so comfortable.

One day some evil terrorist set the barn on fire. The hardworking farmer decides to try and save the animals. When he gets to the jackass, the animal stubbornly refuses to move, merely as it has been living comfortably in the barn this whole time and doesn't see a need to move just because the barn is burning down.

The liberal ideals are burning down all around you, Goot, man, you just stand around and bray stubbornly. We're seriously trying to save your ass, but eventually we'll just have to let you learn your lesson on your own.
RIGHT ON! (January 16, 2006 8:36 PM)
Posted by: Good Will
>The liberal ideals are burning down all around you, Goot, man, you just stand around and bray stubbornly. We're seriously trying to save your ass, but eventually we'll just have to let you learn your lesson on your own.

Those who give up liberty in the name of safety deserve neither.

Also if the farmer is evacuating a completely different barn then the one is burning it does not make him brave. Just stupid.
Sorta like when most of the 9/11 attackers where from Saudi Arabia and then we attack Iraq.
RIGHT ON! (January 17, 2006 12:21 AM)
Posted by: T J
//Sorta like when most of the 9/11 attackers where from Saudi Arabia and then we attack Iraq. //

Where the 9/11 highjackers were trained to be highjackers. Goot, sweetie, there a photos, satellite pictures of the 747 in the training camp in Iraq where they trained these loonies to fly planes into buildings. Evil Saudis have to train somewhere else now. See? But then you don't, you've got your bad sparkly disco rose colored liberal glasses on that read on the inside "it's all W's fault". Get out of the barn, Goot! We don't want to lose as sweet and precious a jackass as yourself!

"The third of the three shots zeros in on what looks like a Boeing 727 fuselage to me. Everyone says it's a 707, but its wings would be farther forward if that were the case. So it's probably a 727, or at least a tri-jet. One of the stories I read this week and put into Rush's Saddam Stack of Stuff in researching all this, cited Aviation Week and Space Technology's article on this facility. This confirms the existence of that fuselage; it's right where the Iraqi defectors said it was. "

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/cold/photo_2.guest.html

http://www.globalsecurity.org/wmd/world/iraq/salman_pak.htm

RIGHT ON! (January 17, 2006 8:33 AM)
Posted by: Good Will
>Where the 9/11 highjackers were trained to be highjackers.

Afganistan, not Iraq. By muhajeem who have bee trained in the 80's by the US to fight the Russians (which is in itsself is not a necessarily a bad thing, yet it spawned the Taliban). And funded by bin Laden who is a Saudi. Even the Bush administration has now conceded there were no links between Iraq and Al Queda before the war. Till we invaded...now its a prome staging ground for them.

Choke it up to liberalism or just look up those facts.
The first one is easy!!! After all you found someone to blame. Sorta liek kindergarden.

If you paid attention, not a word has been even mentioned in this discussion about Afganistan.
RIGHT ON! (January 17, 2006 8:45 AM)
Posted by: T J
//http://www.globalsecurity.org/wmd/world/iraq/salman_pak.htm//

Salman_pak IRAQ!! Hello Goot! remember reading? As far as Afghanistan, we went in and disposed the regime there very first thing, forcing Osama to retreat to caves. Weren't you around during the first part of 9/11 or were you so lost in your meth haze that part sort of skipped over you? Wakey wakey sweetie.


RIGHT ON! (January 17, 2006 8:57 AM)
Posted by: Good Will
ok. Some article from some website says stuff.

More over noone of this links them to Al Queda or 9/11.

Your argument is on the par of: Some guys in Australia use a toilet and some guys in Afganistan use a toilet. They bothe use a toilet so there must be a conspiracy to ....blah...blah...blah....
RIGHT ON! (January 17, 2006 12:48 PM)
Posted by: T J
//ok. Some article from some website says stuff.//

LOL are you seriously giving up here?? Is this your best, GOOT? I don't know if you noticed, Sweetie, but "some article from some website" is the NEW media, checked and double checked and it's where mainstream Americans are getting the truth, so unless your liberal spin buddies can pump out some more "authentic" memos, you'll be braying in the ashes of your barns for a long time to come.

Tell you what, though, Sweetie, give up the dark side and I'll let you come live in our basement. We have video games.
RIGHT ON! (January 17, 2006 3:56 PM)
Posted by: Good Will
You seem to be missed the rest of the comment. Since you seem to have problems reading all of it here it is:
---
More over noone of this links them to Al Queda or 9/11.

Your argument is on the par of: Some guys in Australia use a toilet and some guys in Afganistan use a toilet. They bothe use a toilet so there must be a conspiracy to ....blah...blah...blah....
----
RIGHT ON! (March 6, 2008 1:59 AM)
Posted by: Pat Green
Wow we're fighting dirty here. Anyone taking lessons from Mrs. Clinton? Lol

As for the cartoon itself - I agree with the point that people should work hard for their money. Yes, people are born into circumstances, good and bad. In my mind the government should secure jobs for it's people instead of sending them over seas and then forcing people to pay taxes to support others.

Post a reply

Subject:

Message:

Username: Password:
Forgot your username/password?
If you haven't already, register now.