Forum Discussion

Hamas in control (February 3, 2006 12:02 PM)
Posted by: Joseph Doze
Hey, did anyone see what that new Hamas leader said about Isreal? I missed it and heard something to the extent of genocide in my Gov/Civics class. By the way, I'm a bit aprehensive about the new Palistine (spelling?) I just don't know if the road map to peace in the Middle East can be followed with these guys in charge. But I am not so studied on this subject. Any thoughts or comments, folks?

Hamas in control (February 3, 2006 4:22 PM)
Posted by: Good Will
Wait. Was not there a "road map" that was supposed to solve the Palestinia-Israel problem? What happened to it. Have not heard it mentioned in a while.
Hamas in control (February 4, 2006 1:20 AM)
Posted by: Invader Jim
Yay! The road to democracy in the Middle East goes imperfectly! Right?

Free will allows people to make their own decisions, and they aren't always the best ones. So these things take time and it will be interesting to see how it plays out. Life isn't a TV show - problems are not solved in the course of an hour.
Hamas in control (February 4, 2006 1:33 PM)
Posted by: Ben Sebaugh
They elected the people who build hospitals and schools, it's not any wonder. The power that controls the schools in any country, will eventually mold and shape that country's populace.
Hamas in control (February 7, 2006 12:42 PM)
Posted by: Good Will
But did not Bush have a "road-map" what happened? HE turned it upside down when following it?
Hamas in control (February 8, 2006 12:24 AM)
Posted by: Invader Jim
Guess the Palestinians took a wrong turn. Disappointing, but not enough for me to give up on encouraging free will.
Hamas in control (February 8, 2006 4:15 AM)
Posted by: Steven McAllister
We can always hope that actually being expected to govern something rather than just bombs things might settle Hamas down a little. I have an image in my head about a tough young gangster getting married and having a kid and suddenly realizing that he needs to put food on the table, and that he can't commit random acts of violence anymore because anyone can find his family. Maybe responsibility will teach them something.

Post a reply

Subject:

Email: Password:
Forgot your password?
Not registered?.