Forum Discussion

This post is in response to the toon below (click to enlarge)
Cartoon on ObamaCare in the new year (February 1, 2010 2:05 PM)
Posted by: chris walkenhorst
these cartoons are neither funny nor cute and your drawing ability is amateur at best. how much time do you spend on these things, ten minutes? This is the problem with conservative humor...it isn't funny, you are too concerned with your message that you fail to realize that humor can't be conservative, because humor challenges social norms. Conservatives try to advocate for them. While your message is well received it is not at funny nor does it get me to stop and think. GRADE: D at best

Cartoon on ObamaCare in the new year (March 18, 2010 6:14 PM)
Posted by: Earl McNaughton
Typical Liberal closed minded comment. I've read the bill and I agree it isn't funny because this is what you will get with ObamaCare. I truly hope you are and stay in good health, especially if this bill actually passes.
(from the actual bill)
Page 30 Sec 123 of HC bill: THERE WILL BE A GOVT COMMITTEE that decides what treatments/benefits you get.
Page 354 Sec 1177: The Govt will RESTRICT enrollment of 'special needs people!
Page 430 Lines 11-15: The Govt will decide what level of treatment you will have at end-of-life! (Can you say "Sorry Mom, the government says that treatment is to expensive"?)

Perhaps the cartoon wasn't supposed to be funny, maybe it's purpose is to make people like you look for the truth. Read the bill.
P.S. You're right, I no longer trust our government.
Cartoon on ObamaCare in the new year (May 2, 2010 5:05 PM)
Posted by: David Nickels
I wonder if Chris W. understans what political humor actually is. It must be pretty good to cause him to launch into such an "ad hominum" attack. I am glad he commented that he didn't stop and think. Maybe net time he will.
Cartoon on ObamaCare in the new year (April 5, 2021 1:04 AM)
Posted by: Crazy Pete
Can we see some of your drawings?

Post a reply

Subject:

Email: Password:
Forgot your password?
Not registered?.