Forum Discussion

on stem cells and Nancy Reagan (July 18, 2006 11:50 AM)
Posted by: Good Will
See this is what confuses me about Republicans. They seem to say say one thing, do pretty much the opposite then say yet another thing to justify what they did.

I am sure as we all know Nancy Reagan is as republican as one gets right? The woman who stood by his side and supported him in all his beginings and deeds.
In fact I know that "Party of Reagan" is what Republicans calls their party.

Mr. Bush yet again came out threatening to veto any bill that helped stem cell research. By why this:

"In a rare appearance in May, former first lady Nancy Reagan spoke at an event to raise money for embryo stem cell research. She hoped, she said, that others would benefit from research on such diseases as Alzheimer's, which had afflicted her husband, Ronald.

"Ronnie's long journey has finally taken him to a distant place where I can no longer reach him," she said. "Because of this, I'm determined to do whatever I can to save other families from this pain."

So tell me, are Republicans pro stem cell research or against it? Or are they only pro when it affects them?
Was not there a word for this. Or maybe two....

Oh right!!!

FLIP-FLOPPING!!! HYPOCRASY!!!

link:
http://www.newsday.com/news/nationworld/nation/ny-usnanc063835985jun06,0,3872519.story?coll=ny-nationalnews-headlines

on stem cells and Nancy Reagan (July 20, 2006 12:45 AM)
Posted by: Invader Jim
Some are for it and some are against it. Not too complicated.

Many in the Party of Reagan also disagree with his 1986 Amnesty for illegals as well. The Republican Party is not the Kool Aid party.
on stem cells and Nancy Reagan (July 20, 2006 1:12 AM)
>The Republican Party is not the Kool Aid party.
Yeah, more like Rubber Stamp one.
on stem cells and Nancy Reagan (July 20, 2006 1:20 AM)
By teh way, Mr. Invader I always wonder why you only certain posts of mine. There has been a number where I pointed out absolutely shameful and disgraceful things your fellow conservatives do and you never say a word.

Is it because you agree with me.
or because you like to ignore such things and claim they never happen.

Or potentially do not have time to read and response.
In all those weeks.

Pick and choose, pick and choose.
on stem cells and Nancy Reagan (July 21, 2006 2:54 AM)
Posted by: Invader Jim
It varies. If you look at the timestamps, you'll see that I often do these late at night. Which coincidentally is when I go to bed. Sometimes I would just rather sleep. Sometimes they are quick enough to respond to. And sometimes, I just don't feel like it. I may have my reasons or I may not. I don't live in the forum. It's not my job, so I do this at my leisure. A while ago, it just got to be too much - it was neverending and not going anywhere, so I got bored with it. Apparently so did everyone else because no else was posting to the forum during our absence.

This was supposed to be a quick response. Now it's almost 3am. Guess what I won't be doing tonight.

Post a reply

Subject:

Email: Password:
Forgot your password?
Not registered?.